BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 20: Cardi B attends 2019 ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel on June 20, 2019 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Leon Bennett/WireImage)
- Cardi pleaded guilty in a New York courtroom to 3rd-degree assault and reckless endangerment. Both are misdemeanors.
- This case was from 2018 where she was accused of orchestrating an attack on two sisters. According to sources, she believed they may have been sleeping with her husband.
- By pleading guilty Cardi has to serve 15 days of community service and stay away from the sisters for three years.
- Cardi said, part of growing up and maturing is being accountable for our actions. As a mother, it’s a practice that I am trying to instill in my children but the example starts with me.
- These moments don’t define me and they are not reflective of who I am now. I am looking forward to moving past this situation.